Tuesday May 19th, 2020
5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Supported by Platinum Sponsor, iA Financial Group
The opening reception provides attendees with an exceptional atmosphere to start off the conference and reunite with colleagues. Held within the renowned Canadian Museum for Human Rights, the only National Museum not located in Ottawa, attendees will be hosted in the powerful and open space of the Stuart Clark Garden of Contemplation. Galleries 1-4 will be open during this event and attendees are also encouraged tour the impressive, interactive and awe-inspiring exhibits at their leisure.
- A ticket to the Opening Reception is included for all full package registrants of the National Conference. If you purchased a one-day registration package, you will need to purchase a ticket to the opening reception.
- Transportation is included for those who purchased tickets to the Opening Reception and delegates who purcahsed the full conference packages.
- Food stations and entrées will be served starting at 6pm. Attendees will receive a ticket for 1 complimentary beverage.
- Guests of the opening reception will have access to a reduced cost ticket to re-enter the museum later that week.
You are strongly encouraged to visit and tour this experience including the Tower of Hope with breathtaking views of the entire city.
About the CMHR:
Designed by architect extraordinaire Antoine Predock, Canada’s newest, most eye-catching attraction dominates the Winnipeg skyline, shining like a beacon. Inside an immersive experience that you can’t possibly shake awaits as 11 powerful, interactive and awe-inspiring exhibits gradually climb to the CMHR’s pinnacle, the Tower of Hope.
Prix d'Excellence Luncheon
Wednesday May 20th, 2020
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Supported by Platinum Sponsor, Tempo Framing Systems
Revel in the anticipation and find out who will receive a Gold, Silver, or Bronze award at the 2020 CCAE Prix d’Excellence. Cheer on Canada’s best advancement work of 2019, and throughout the conference chat with the winners to gain new perspectives on how you can increase the success of your own advancement initiatives.
- The Prix d’Excellence luncheon is open to all registrants of the National Conference. NOTE: Additional tickets for non-registrants are available by request at an extra cost. For further details, contact the CCAE Office (firstname.lastname@example.org 613-531-9213).
About the RBC Convention Centre:
When the RBC Convention Centre Winnipeg (formerly Winnipeg Convention Centre) opened its doors in 1975, it was the first “purpose built” convention centre of its kind in Canada. The facility was designed to be a catalyst in the rebuilding and revitalizing of Winnipeg’s aging downtown. With upgrades, renovations and a recent $180+ million expansion, it continues to be Winnipeg’s premier event facility for a variety of events from international, national and regional conventions; business meetings from 9 to 9,000 participants; consumer and industry trade shows; entertainment events; gala receptions and dinners; membership luncheons; sporting events and concerts. Located in the centre of the city’s bustling downtown, the three-story, multi-purpose facility has access to more than 2,300 downtown hotel rooms and is within walking distance to many of the city’s best restaurants and new attractions.
Wednesday May 20th, 2020
6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Supported by CCAE National Partner, TD Insurance Meloche Monnex
President’s Reception (by invitation): 6:00 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
Awards Reception: 6:00 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
Awards Dinner: 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
It’s time to celebrate CCAE members and their achievements in style at the MET Winnipeg! Upon arrival, enjoy cocktails and light hors d’oeuvres while you and your colleagues experience the elegance of the facility and get ready for the excitement of this evening’s events.
As the ceremony commences applaud Canadian advancement’s top achievers, mentors, upcoming stars, and champions of education.
- Attendees will receive a ticket for 1 complimentary beverage during the cocktail hour, followed by a full-course seated dinner once the awards presentation has concluded.
- A ticket to the Awards Evening is included for all full package registrants of the National Conference. If you purchased a one-day registration package, you will have to purchase a ticket to the awards evening.
- Transportation is included for those who purchased tickets to the Awards Evening and delegates who purchased the full conference package.
About the MET:
Designed by famed architect C. Howard Crane, the Allen Theatre first opened its doors 1919 to the arrival of the Golden Age of Cinema. Designed in the sumptuous style of the era, this “Movie Palace” offered films along with a variety of live entertainment. Opulently decorated lounges allowed patrons to gather and socialize, as well as be entertained. After 68 years of operation, the Movie Theatre was closed in 1987. In 2012 Canad Inns reopened the doors and revealed the new Metropolitan Entertainment Centre.
Thursday May 21st, 2020
6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Supported by CCAE National Partner, MBNA
Closing out the Conference is the highly anticipated Social Night! This year we invite you to discover the magic of the North in the heart of the Manitoba, by socializing and unwinding amongst the polar bears & seals, in the award winning Gateway To The Arctic exhibit. The exhibit provides attendees with the rare experience of viewing these amazing mammals through the exhibit’s glass dome, where you can enjoy the spectacle of them diving, swimming and interacting from below the surface of the water.
- The dress code is casual, and it is highly encouraged that you represent your school and wear your school swag to amplify this entertaining evening.
- A ticket to Social Night is included for all full package registrants of the National Conference. If you purchased a one-day registration package, you will have to purchase a ticket to this event. Attendees will receive a ticket for 1 complimentary beverage.
- Transportation is included for those who purchased tickets to the Social night and delegates who purchased the full conference package.
About the Assiniboine Park Zoo:
Home to nearly 200 furry, feathered and fabulous animal species, the Assiniboine Park Zoo is a great place for exploration and fun in every season. Located minutes from downtown Winnipeg in beautiful Assiniboine Park, the Zoo has been a favourite destination for families, tourists, school groups, and animal lovers for over a century. With over 80 park-like acres to explore, the Zoo offers both indoor and outdoor exhibits, providing visitors with the opportunity to interact with animal species from all corners of the globe.