Associate Director, Philanthropy - VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation
|Job Title:||Associate Director, Philanthropy|
|Institution:||VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation|
VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation raises funds for specialized adult health services and research for all British Columbians, including the largest, most specialized hospital in BC. Donors contribute over $50 million to the Foundation every year to drive innovation and sustainable health care at VGH & UBC Hospital, GF Strong Rehab Centre, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, and Vancouver Community Health Services.
The Foundation is known for its exceptional staff and volunteers, who connect meaningfully with donors and build exceptional relationships. Now, the Foundation has a rare opening in its Philanthropy Division team for a dedicated major gifts fundraiser.
The Associate Director, Philanthropy will join a professional, collegial, and dedicated team and be the lead relationship manager for many of the Foundation’s key donors related to their priority area, as well as initiatives across the Foundation. They will work closely with the President & CEO, Board members, physicians, and leading philanthropists.
This is a rare opportunity in the healthcare philanthropy sector for a fundraising professional to:
- Advance fundraising for a global leader in health care delivery
- Take ownership of one of the Foundation’s priority areas and resulting campaigns
- Lead strategies for engaging Board members, the President & CEO, and physician leaders in major gifts activity
- Partner with dedicated, collegial, and supportive colleagues, both within major gifts and across the Foundation
- Grow their leadership and collaboration skills
The Associate Director’s highest priority activities are to:
- Work with the Senior Vice President, Philanthropy and the major Gifts team to develop, implement, and enhance strategies to grow revenue across the portfolio of fundraising initiatives, setting annual benchmarks for growth and goal achievement.
- Develop and implement strategies to grow the major gifts portfolio of individual, corporate, and foundation donors to increase the number of donors and the size of gifts. This encompasses directing the research, identification, cultivation, and tracking of major gifts and planned giving prospects.
- Solicit major gifts in one-on-one meetings (in person, virtual, or phone calls) with donors.
- Develop and execute detailed development plans for each prospect.
For the full brief, to learn more, or to apply, please contact Christoph Clodius, Vice President of The Discovery Group, at 604-836-1972, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submissions should be received by January 21, 2022.
The successful AD can expect a competitive salary between $88,305 and $113,535, depending on experience. Additional variable pay, benefits, pension, flexible working arrangements, investment in professional development, and subsidized access to fitness, cycling, and parking facilities all contribute to a top-notch total rewards package.
We welcome applications from Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, BIPOC and racialized individuals, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, and others who may contribute to the Foundation's organizational diversity and who share the Foundation's values.
As part of VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation’s commitment to the health and safety of our community, including our healthcare partners and donors, the Foundation requires all employees of the Foundation to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.