SENIOR DIRECTOR, ADVANCEMENT SERVICES
Application Deadline : 2018-12-20
Institution : Concordia University
SENIOR DIRECTOR, ADVANCEMENT SERVICES (C1876)
ADVANCEMENT AND ALUMNI RELATIONS
NOTE: This posting represents a full-time indeterminate contract.
Reporting to the Vice President, Advancement and External Relations, the incumbent is responsible for planning, managing, and providing leadership for the department’s execution of the strategic plan, administrative, and operations, including personnel, space, and budgets. Using best practices in data analytics, modeling and reporting, he/she plays a critical role in the assessment and ongoing growth of the University's overall prospect pipeline and plays a critical role in the support of strategies and tactics across all fundraising operations as well as across all Advancement sectors.
- Oversee the administrative and service activities related to the management of the department’s staff; anticipate the human resource requirements in alignment with the department’s directional plan and just-in-time needs.
- Provide leadership and supervision for staffing management, assess staffing needs and coordinate professional development for all AAR employees in consultation with the Vice-President.
- Oversee all aspects of financial planning and management of the operating budgets for the department.
- Oversee the effectiveness of the prospect management tools including identification, evaluation and developing the profiles, as well as a predictive modeling approach for the department of Advancement and Alumni Relations (AAR).
- Provide leadership, collaborate across programs and with prospects, facilitate communication and management for work with prospects across institutional programs, faculties, and divisions.
- In consultation with the Vice-President, contribute to the strategic priorities comprised in the Strategic Plan and propose the allocation of funding for their implementation.
- Monitor and coordinate the compilation and the analysis of data necessary to the decision-making process; take part in and execute and operationalize the decisions made and approved by the Vice-President; bring forward matters to the Vice-President and his/her management team for the purpose of consultation, deliberation, or decision.
- Oversee the development of an overall plan to implement, maintain, and improve the full functionality of the AIS and other technical systems solutions; ensure the security and integrity of the database.
- Coordinate and establish workflow in relation to the Strategic Plan to ensure effective operations as needed on behalf of the Vice-President.
- Provide support to university-wide functions such as the Concordia University Foundation.
- Coordinate consistent administration and implementation of AAR, Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and university policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and more than seven years of pertinent work experience with at least four years in a managerial role.
- Master degree in a relevant field is desirable.
- Knowledge of advancement programs and fundraising principles in a university setting is an asset.
- Knowledge of CRA regulations is desirable.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French; in order to supervise staff, manage operations, and coordinate the compilation and the analysis of data.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of the Word, Excel and Outlook (to compile and analyze data and prepare complex documents and reports).
- Demonstrated supervisory and managerial skills; superior problem solving, negotiating, and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, business savvy, and ability to innovate.
Please send your curriculum vitae with a covering letter by December 20, 2018, to Elvira Fiorentino, Senior Employment Advisor. See the link below on how to apply: