Donor Relations Officer (Mat Leave)
Application Deadline : 2018-12-14
Institution : University of King's College
All members of the Advancement team have a responsibility to enhance the reputation of the University and to develop its philanthropic culture through thoughtful engagement with external audiences, volunteers and partners, alumni and friends, current students and parents, and our internal colleagues throughout the College community.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement and working in a complementary role with the Advancement Office Manager, the Donor Relations Officer produces comprehensive research for the enhancement of fundraising. This key position also supports the director and others in the development and stewardship of relationships and partnerships with donors and other key stakeholders.
- Provide strategic assistance [to the Director] throughout the gift process. This process requires attention to detail through the following stages:
- Identification, research, and analysis;
- The development of cultivation plans;
- Solicitation – tracking and development of case (gift request);
- The creation and implementation of recognition and stewardship plans including large volumes of correspondence, such as scholarship letters and other annual reports to donors.
- Participation in cultivation strategy, including:
- Identifying new donor prospects;
- Assist in tracking and executing donor prospect activities;
- Ensuring appropriate follow-up and recognition activities following interactions with donors and prospects.
- Handles confidential information in a sensitive, ethical manner and in accordance with FOIPOP principles and regulations.
- Uses advanced on-line databases, in-house files, reference materials and other public sources, to prepare thorough and accurate donor profiles on individuals, corporations and foundations that include areas of interest and affiliations for potential philanthropic support.
- Conduct database research to prepare analytical reports on benchmarks, trends and opportunities.
- Summarize key information for reports tailored to the needs of staff, volunteers, and donors.
- Assist with the coordination, preparation, and production of case materials for campaign projects.
- Assist with travel arrangements and other details relating to donor visits.
- Draft specialized acknowledgement and solicitation letters.
- Set and monitor database alerts.
- Work in collaboration with the Advancement Manager to enhance stewardship/donor procedures.
- Prepare reports for the attention of appropriate college staff, volunteers and stakeholders in support of targeted relationship and partnership building initiatives.
- Assist with the Annual Fund Phone-a-thon
- Represent the college at public, private, and university functions where needed.
- Adhere to and support King’s Advancement Policies.
The above accountabilities are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described.
The successful candidate will need:
· Minimum education is a bachelor's degree. Advanced degree in a related field is preferred.
· Minimum three years of experience in a fundraising environment.
· Experience working in an institution of higher education or a similar setting with a diverse group of constituents.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or a similar data management tool. (Experience with Raiser’s Edge will be considered an asset.)
- Superior computer skills and research capabilities.
· Experience developing and strategizing a comprehensive stewardship/donor relations plan.
- Poise, initiative, and the ability to speak and write articulately, persuasively, and with sensitivity to donor concerns.
- Integrity, sound judgment and a collegial, collaborative style.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, work well under pressure, and have a critical eye for detail.
Closing Date: Friday, December 14, 2018
Compensation Range: $22.00 to $27.00 (depending on experience)
Hours: 35 per week / 9am – 5pm (occasional evening work may be required)