Functional Analyst (APC)
Application Deadline : 2019-03-20
Institution : Saint Mary's University
Functional Analyst (APC)
Position: Functional Analyst (APC)
Department: Advancement Services
Annual Salary: $50,572 - $61,814 (Group 9)
Under the supervision of the Director, Advancement Services, the Functional Analyst provides daily support to the Advancement Services team, as well as all other business units across Advancement and is positioned to play a role in University wide system health and development. The Functional Analyst works closely with similar positions in Enrolment Services, Systems and Records, ITSS and Finance to ensure cross departmental flow of process and data integrity is developed and maintained.
Duties as the Functional Analyst include, but are not limited to:
- Administering and configuring process for numerous information systems in addition to Banner Advancement and Banner Advancement Self Services including systems for communication, reporting, CRM capabilities, document management and collaboration and others as they come online.
- Reviewing, understanding, developing and/or releasing notes to analyze impact of new functionality or enhancements in university information systems and other systems within Advancement.
- Managing, administering and keeping up to date on the documentation related to software or system implementation, training and support, as well as documentation related to technical and functional processes and procedures.
- Developing test plans and documenting processes and procedures regarding new functionality.
- Developing new processes and providing business process analysis in conjunction with end users. Identifying needs and designing processes within integrated and standalone Advancement information systems.
- Recommending changes in policies and procedures to accommodate new functionality.
- Developing configurations and test plans for systems and software to ensure effectiveness within Advancement.
- Acting as liaison between end-users and ITSS regarding production support and daily functional operations.
- Developing solutions to both ad hoc and re-occurring reporting requirements.
- Identifying new data views and modifying existing views, and extracting data to other software packages and creating reports for 3rd party end user reporting software.
- Analyzing complex requests for ad hoc reports and determining the best approach for extracting, normalizing, compiling and providing the data/reports.
- Ensuring requested material is professional, accurate, timely, credible and valid.
- Organizing workflow of requests and data extracts to meet Advancement Department timelines.
- Understanding the data structure of Banner Advancement and other Banner products, third party datasets, as well as developing and maintaining knowledge on various reporting extraction techniques.
- Developing and maintaining training material, end user documentation and quick reference guides.
- Delivering training and follow up sessions to end users in groups and individually.
- Maintaining procedure manuals and checklists.
- Communicating and training end users regarding current and new functionality and features in upgrades or releases, including new reports and procedures.
- Responding to queries from end users on daily issues regarding the operation and use of Banner and other integrated and independent Advancement information systems.
- Working through ITSS determining security profiles, ensuring and limiting access to network drives.
- Analyzing and understanding the goals of the end user and the business processes.
- Using Business Process Analysis Framework, analyzing business processes used on a daily/weekly basis, within the university that interact with Advancement staff and constituents.
- Recommending changes and improvements to existing procedures, processes and policies to create efficiencies or devising new processes where ones do not already exist.
- Running BPA sessions, documenting the workflow and determining/recommending solutions using Banner INB, Banner Self Service, Campus Call, Crystal reports, Tableau, CRM Advance, Business Objects Enterprises and other systems used currently or that come online with Advancement.
To be the successful Functional Analyst you will be possess an Undergraduate Degree in Business Systems or related discipline and a minimum of two (2) years of directly related experience. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, as well as in a team setting. Excellent oral and written communication skills coupled with strong organization and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated skills in training and program evaluation along with strong presentation and facilitation skills. Banner system experience an asset.
Work With Us
Apply for this opportunity online by visiting www.smu.ca/employment Select the position you are interested in and apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button.
Please include the names of three professional references. No telephone calls please.
Competition Opens: March 6, 2019 Competition Closes: March 20, 2019
Saint Mary's University hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. Saint Mary's University encourages applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Saint Mary's University thanks all applicants for applying. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Saint Mary's Univeristy promoties a Healthy Campus including a Scent-Free environment and a Smoke-Free Campus