Human Resources Assistant - University of British Columbia
Application Deadline : 2019-05-30
Institution : University of British Columbia
Annual Giving at UBC is a dynamic, collaborative team within Development and Alumni Engagement, responsible for raising $5m annually to support the university. We deliver a portfolio of appeals and campaigns across mail, email, phones and online.
The Development Officer, Annual Giving will be responsible for leading UBC’s student fundraising call centre and managing the student philanthropy program. They will inspire and lead a large team of student callers to create a fun, productive work environment and achieve ambitious targets. They will also set up and manage UBC Annual Giving’s new student philanthropy program, including working with student volunteer groups and managing student fundraising projects.
The Development Officer, Annual Giving will be joining at an exciting time of change and will have responsibility for reinvigorating the calling program and setting up the student program from scratch.
If you’re a collaborative team worker with a positive outlook, the ability to lead through ambiguity and strong strategic skills, we’d love to hear from you.
The successful applicant will have:
• Four years’ experience in fundraising, sales or customer service with one year in a supervisory or mentoring role
• Experience working with students and/or volunteers
• Demonstrated experience managing projects and/or events
• Customer service and/or call centre experience, ideally in a fundraising capacity
• Ability to take the lead and work independently under their own initiative
• Analytical thinking and ability to draw meaningful conclusions from data and make strategic recommendations
• Strong attention to detail
• Flexibility in working hours with capacity to work evenings and possible weekends
To apply and for more information, please visit: http://staffcareers.ubc.ca/33617