Associate Director, Advancement Services – Algonquin College
Application Deadline : 2019-07-26
Institution : Algonquin College
Reporting to the Vice-President of Advancement, the Associate Director, Advancement Services is responsible for planning, managing and providing leadership for the department’s execution of the Advancement Plan with a focus on systems and analytics, prospect research and stakeholder management, finance and budgets, personnel and space. Using best practices in data analytics, modelling and reporting, the incumbent plays a critical role in the assessment and on-going growth of the College’s overall donor pipeline and in the data management of alumni connections and communications to support the strategies and activities of the fundraising operations and alumni engagement.
The Associate Director, Advancement Services works closely with the Vice-President, Advancement to ensure all support systems are in place for the fundraising and alumni relations activities. Key activities include the support for the development of the Advancement Business Plan and the preparation of the quarterly reports, the preparation and management of the department’s budget along with the coordination of all human resources matters, including space and resource support, linking with the various administrative departments of the College as needed.
A key role of the Associate Director, Advancement Services is the development, implementation, maintenance, documentation, use and support of the database and ensuring the integrity of the data, its analysis and the production of reports. To support the fundraising and alumni relations activities, the incumbent ensures that the advancement policies and procedures are clear, regularly reviewed and adhered to and leads and manages the key operations to support the fundraising and alumni relations activities including internal and external reporting, research, fund creation/maintenance, gift processing, gift acknowledgement, alumni documentation, record management and assists with the implementation of the donor relations plan.
The incumbent leads a small team that includes a Prospect Researcher & Analyst, a Coordinator, Finance & Gift Processing, a Coordinator, Donor Relations and an Administrative Assistant and ensures the team works collaboratively with all the different resources within the Advancement Department as well as the various College departments and units they interact with.
- Bachelor's Degree (4-year) in Business Management, Database IT or related field.
- Minimum nine (9) years of related advancement services experience. Preferably in the higher education industry.
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience.
- Four (4) or more years experience in functional systems management, project management, reporting, data stewardship or gift accounting, stakeholder research and records keeping in a post-secondary education setting.
- Experience in fundraising activities and/or alumni relations or database management within a large membership based organization.
- Raiser's Edge Administrator experience/certification.
- Advancement services operation-specific experience.
- Relational database experience, of Raiser’s Edge in particular, including query and report writing.
- Excellent computer skills, thorough knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exhibit good judgment in making independent decisions concurrent with College mission and values.
Salary Range :
To Apply :
Candidates are to apply via the Algonquin College website listed below by July 26, 2019. https://algonquincollege.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CareerOpportunities/job/Ottawa-Campus/Associate-Director--Advancement-Services_R115713
Algonquin College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an inclusive work environment and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. However internal candidates will receive first consideration based on qualifications. If you are invited for an interview, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you may require. Workplace accommodations are available. While we thank all those who apply, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
For a copy of the complete job description please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.