Advancement Coordinator - University of Toronto
Department:Public Health, Dalla Lana School of
Campus:St. George (downtown Toronto)
The Dalla Lana School of Public Health is a Faculty of the University of Toronto that originated as one of the Schools of Hygiene begun by the Rockefeller Foundation in 1927. The School went through a dramatic renaissance after the 2003 SARS crisis and it is now the largest public health school in Canada, with more than 850 faculty, 1,000 students, and research and training partnerships with institutions throughout Toronto and the world. With $35.9 million in research funding per year, the School supports discovery in global health, tobacco impacts on health, occupational disease and disability, air pollution, inner city and Indigenous health, among many other areas.
As the Advancement Coordinator, you will be a key contributor to the development and growth of the Dalla Lana School of Public Health by coordinating a broad range of administrative and fundraising activities for the office of Advancement. You will serve as the first point of contact for all departmental inquiries assisting with the drafting of communications, fostering positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, supporting with the execution of events and providing general office administration. Your commitment to success, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills will be essential to this role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the first point of contact and responding to general departmental inquiries within the defined scope of the role.
- Fostering positive relationships with prospective and existing donors
- Determining logistical details required for donor mailing campaigns and ensuring that all donations are processed accordingly
- Maintaining information in the central fundraising database and generating various reports
- Drafting routine documents and correspondence (i.e. donor acknowledgment and recognition communications)
- Overseeing the work of work-study students
- Maintaining the Director's schedule and assisting with travel plans as required
- Determining logistical details and activities for department events, programs and/or meetings (i.e. coordinating meeting schedules, agendas and materials, booking meeting space and ordering catering)
- Advanced College Diploma (3 years) or acceptable combination of equivalent experience. Completion of courses and/or programs in fundraising would be considered assets.
- Minimum five years senior and/or executive administrative experience
- Experience drafting, editing, and preparing a variety of written correspondences and reports
- Experience managing senior executive calendars
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Exceptional personal, organizational and written communication (oral and written) skills
- Strong administrative, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of the University of Toronto and its policies.
- Experience providing administrative support in a fund-raising environment.
- Experience with alumni databases.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Problem solver
- Team player
Job Posting:Jul 10, 2019
Job Closing:Jul 24, 2019, 11:59:00 PM