Alumni Annual Giving Officer, Faculty of Social Sciences - University of Victoria
Application Deadline : 2019-09-02
Institution : University of Victoria
Alumni Annual Giving Officer, Faculty of Social Sciences.
The University of Victoria is one of Victoria's largest employers and one of Canada’s best diversity employers. Together we are more than 5,000 dedicated faculty, librarians and staff supporting the University of Victoria’s diverse academic programs, world-class research and commitment to civic engagement.
This position will support the Faculty of Social Sciences.
The salary range for this position is:
Recruitment range: $62,447 - $70,284 starting salary determined by the PEA Collective Agreement.
Alumni Relations works with the Faculties and Units of UVic and the Alumni Association, an independent society of UVic graduates, to deliver programs and services, communications and foster a culture of philanthropy amongst the 130,000+ alumni in over 127 countries worldwide. It also engages with UVic students to encourage a lifelong relationship between them and their university. Engaged alumni contribute to UVic’s success though volunteerism, influence, mentorship, hiring coop students and philanthropy. Alumni Relations shares and celebrates the successes of our alumni to illustrate the impact of an UVic degree and to recognize the significant impact UVic is having on our society and the World.
Jointly reporting to the Director of Alumni Relations and to the Dean/Assistant Dean/Unit Head/Manager of an assigned portfolio the Alumni Annual Giving Officer is responsible for increasing alumni engagement and alumni gifts in their assigned portfolio. The Alumni Annual Giving Officer works directly with the Manager of Annual Giving, the Alumni Relations and other Annual Giving Officers, the Annual Giving Coordinator, the Alumni Relations team, and colleagues in Alumni and Development to plan and implement initiatives that build and increase annual support of the university from alumni. The Officer will devise and implement solicitation strategies focused around alumni groups and individual giving, primarily below $25,000. This position’s core responsibility is to engage alumni in the life of the University and advance the development effort by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding alumni donors.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and three years of related alumni, development or similar experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Knowledge requirements include:
· Knowledge and awareness of fundraising best practices and trends.
· Knowledge and awareness of setting and implementing strategic fundraising plans for individual prospects.
· Knowledge of volunteer engagement best practices in peer-to-peer solicitations.
· Knowledge and experience in organizing events
In addition this position requires
· Superior communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly and effectively, and to listen, and the capacity to engage, inspire, and persuade.
· Excellent leadership, interpersonal, organizational, and motivational skills.
· Excellent time management skills and ability to juggle many projects at once.
· Ability to build and maintain productive working relationships with all stakeholders.
· Due to the sensitive and confidential nature of the work being done, the incumbent must have tact and be mature, diplomatic and discreet.
· Ability to work effectively with a diverse population and with all levels of university personnel.
· Strong working knowledge of the policies and procedures of the University, Development Office, Alumni Relations and the respective Faculties and Units.
· A self-starter - creative team player who takes initiative and has the ability to work collegially with a broad spectrum of personalities.
· Computer proficiency and adaptability in using the MS Office software.
The following are considered assets and may be given preference:
· Experience in Development Office and knowledge of Development and/or Alumni Relations.
· Experience in volunteer management.
· Experience in writing case statements or promotional materials.
· University of Victoria alumni experience or background.
· Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge.
· Education and experience working in an environment relevant to the assigned portfolio.
For more information and to apply for this position see. LINK:UVic SOSC Job Posting
Position closes at 4:00 pm on September 2, 2019.