Executive Director of Advancement - NBCC
Application Deadline : 2020-01-21
Institution : New Brunswick Community College
New Brunswick Community College
Executive Director of Advancement
Location: Corporate Office
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to transforming lives and communities. The College is currently seeking a dynamic individual for the position of Executive Director of Advancement.
This is a 3-year term position.
When you work at NBCC, you are a valued team member and a part of a community of leaders who are driven by learning excellence and social and economic development.
Reporting to the Vice President, Strategy and Stakeholder Engagement, the Executive Director of Advancement will provide strategic and operational leadership to advance NBCC’s strategic goals with a specific focus on the implementation of NBCC’s first capital campaign. The Executive Director serves as NBCC’s chief development officer and will collaborate with the Advancement Team to create an advancement strategy that supports key institutional priorities and significantly increases the College’s philanthropic potential.
The Executive Director will sustain and build upon recent growth in NBCC’s fundraising and alumni engagement activities, help shape and develop our future advancement strategies and encourage best practice fundraising with discipline and accountability, and with strong analytical, organizational and planning skills as well as focus on efficiencies and outcomes.
We are seeking a passionate, energetic and experienced fundraiser who has an exceptional track record of building relationships with prospects and donors, who can motivate and support fundraising staff and volunteers, and who has the professionalism, determination and creativity to drive results by working closely with the college’s leadership, faculty, staff and students. The ideal candidate will be personable, confident and highly skilled at strategically building and fostering internal and external relationships.
Required Experience & Education
- A Diploma and/or Degree in a related field.
- Significant experience in a similar role leading fundraising programs and campaigns, alumni engagement programs, community development and/or stakeholder relations.
- Advanced oral and written communications skills with the ability to influence, inspire, engage and maintain key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Ability to lead, manage and evaluate a team of direct reports.
- Ability to direct and manage numerous projects simultaneously and sometimes competing priorities in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Experience in organizing complex programs and events.
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced in both new and traditional channels of revenue generation.
- Proficient with and demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated strategic conceptualization, analytical and planning skills.
- Knowledge of current trends as they relate to duties and responsibilities of the role.
A CFRE designation and experience in donor relations in Atlantic Canada would be considered as assets. Preference may be given to candidates who have experience working in a post-secondary environment.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be raised. All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level. We promote an equal opportunity work environment.
NBCC offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes a competitive salary for this position that will commensurate with education and experience.
All interested candidates must submit a detailed application and resume online at https://jobs.careerbeacon.com/employer-profile/nbcc by January 21, 2020.
All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.