Vice President External Relations - Providence University College and Theological Seminary
Application Deadline : 2020-03-04
Institution : Providence University College and Theological Seminary
Providence University College & Theological Seminary, located in Otterburne just 25 minutes south of Winnipeg, is a Christian academic community in the evangelical tradition that teaches people to grow in knowledge and character for leadership and service.
The VP External Relations oversees and leads a team who are responsible to make Providence known to prospective students, churches and the wider community, to achieve the annual fund and other fund development initiatives, and build a growing engagement with governmental agencies. The VP External Relations will also ensure maintenance of a major donor portfolio, government relations, campaign leadership, and provide budgeting and visionary leadership for marketing and development.
The VP External Relations is a member of the President’s Cabinet, which oversees and is responsible for all activities of the Institution, which include strategy, planning, forecasting, and projects.
Reporting to the President you will:
· Oversee, lead, mentor, coach and encourage all departments within the portfolio.
· Plan and execute external relations budgets in collaboration with direct reports.
· Consult and build relationships with internal administrators, management, and employees to build a stronger understanding and sense of importance for the work of external relations.
· Represent the Development and Alumni Relations department at the Cabinet and Board levels.
· Act as one of the Institution’s chief fundraising officers responsible for discovering, cultivating, requesting, and stewarding major level donors.
· Conduct regular off-site and on-site personal donor visits.
· Lead all fundraising campaign-related initiatives.
· Promote, enhance and protect the Institution’s brand, mission and vision.
· Organize, execute, lead and strategize with government bodies through meetings and other means, to further advance opportunities and relationships.
· Create and produce proposals with strategic initiative investment opportunities.
· Serve as a member of the President’s Cabinet and participate in planning and decision-making for the Institution.
· Facilitate the Board Marketing and Development Committee.
· The ability to travel and work evenings and weekends will be as warranted.
· Bachelor/Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, Non-Profits or related field preferred. An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
· A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Higher Education marketing and/or donor development, or related executive leadership.
· Proven track record in major fundraising gift work.
· In-depth understanding of Canadian Charity procedures and regulations specifically as they apply to not-for-profit organizations.
· Ability to write proposals, solicitations, correspondence, reports, and other materials internally and externally.
· Ability to conduct research, gather data, analyze information, and prepare effective, accurate and timely reports.
· Proven ability to manage a budget and consider the relative costs.
- Proficient in MS Office 365 and Raiser’s Edge software.
· A commitment to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Commitment to ethical fundraising principles and practices of annual, major and legacy giving.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills.
· High level of understanding of the principles of External Relations work.
· Independent multi-tasker.
· Handle confidential information and navigate sensitive situations.
· Strong administrator.
· Be part of a rich history of producing graduates who grow in Christian knowledge, skills, and faith
· Travel allowance
· Cell phone allowance
· Professional development budget
· Benefits paid by Providence
· Retirement and RRSP contributions by Providence
View our website for a detailed position description at: http://www.prov.ca/why-providence/meet-providence/join-our-team/.
Closing Date: March 4, 2020
The Providence Statement of Faith and Covenant of Faith Community Life must be agreed to and signed as a condition of employment.
Please send your cover letter with resume via email.