Development Officer (Athletics) - Carleton University
Application Deadline : 2020-02-23
Institution : Carleton University
Development Officer (Athletics)- Term Assignment
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Major Gifts and liaising with the Senior Development Officer (Athletics) and Chief Advancement Officer as well as the team of major gift fundraisers, the incumbent is responsible for raising Major Gifts to support Athletics and its clubs and teams.
These initiatives include the management of all major individual donors as assigned; developing complex proposals, developing relationships and closing gifts; implementing a recognition and stewardship plan for all donors and conducting qualifying prospect research and outreach. The incumbent must be familiar with all aspects of campaign organization fundraising and must be able to advise donors and on-campus stakeholders on strategic partnerships, opportunities and fundraising processes.
NOTE: An essential part of this role is regularly attending the varsity and sport club events and games on evenings and weekends to build and maintain relationships with the athletes, coaches, parents, fans, alumni and community members and successfully build partnerships in order to support the teams and donors.
The incumbent must possess the following qualifications:
· Demonstrated track record of soliciting and closing major gifts
· Experience in post-secondary fundraising is an asset
· Outstanding interpersonal, volunteer and staff leadership skills
· High degree of credibility, discretion and initiative
· Excellent verbal, presentation and written skills
· Possess a strong customer service orientation
· High level of practice
· Available to work weeknight/weekend hours (2-4 times/month) and be available for travel (2-4 times/month).
Education and Experience:
The above is normally acquired through the completion of:
· Completion of a Bachelor’s degree
· 3-5 years progressive major gift fundraising experience
· CFRE accreditations are an asset
· Experience as a student Athlete or athletic coach is an asset
· Experience fundraising for University Athletics programs or competitive sports teams
How to apply: Candidates should visit our website at https://carleton.ca/hr/employment-opportunities/ for the full job description and follow the instructions provided to apply for this position.