Executive Directors, Western Communications - Western University
About Western University
Western University is one of Canada’s top research-intensive universities. We attract individuals with a broad worldview, seeking to study, influence and lead in the international community. The University consists of 12 faculties/schools, which collectively offer more than 400 undergraduate programs and more than 50 doctoral and 80 master’s degree programs. The Western Experience combines academic excellence with lifelong opportunities for intellectual, social and cultural growth in order to better serve our local, national and global communities.
Western Communications is at a pivotal moment. The team is rethinking its structure and refining its mission in order to elevate Western’s profile as a highly impactful research-intensive University that attracts some of the brightest minds from around the world.
With a renewed strategic focus for its work, Western Communications is seeking three (3) new Executive Directors to provide strategic oversight, leadership and direction to three newly created teams.
These new leaders will be critical to Western Communications’ evolution, helping to build and foster growth in the team and setting a new bar for high-level strategy and planning within their respective portfolios.
· Executive Director, Strategic Communications (21061) – leading a portfolio that includes institutional communications strategy and planning, strategic communications to promote the university’s research strengths, issues management, senior leadership communications, and internal communications.
· Executive Director, Advancement Communications (21059) – leading a portfolio responsible for communications and marketing programs that instill pride in the University among Western’s alumni, donors and potential donors worldwide, to inspire increased engagement and giving.
· Executive Director, Editorial Strategy & Media Relations (21060) – leading the news and media relations portfolio, directing Western’s overarching editorial and media relations strategies, and ensuring that content reflects best practices and tells Western’s best stories to a diverse range of audiences.
Who You Are
The preferred candidates for these positions will:
·Be strong collaborators and strategic communicators
· Drive innovation and foster creative thinking
· Lead the development of high-quality communications strategies that help build Western’s profile globally
· Bring leadership experience in communications, with proven results in delivering strategic content to a range of audiences across diverse channels
·Have 10 years of experience in strategic communications with experience advising senior stakeholders in a large, complex organization
Western’s Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Western is a community that respects, embraces, nurtures and celebrates the diversity of its members. Our community is one where all members are valued. We strive to ensure our working and learning environment is fully accessible and respectful of people's different needs and abilities.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Learn More and Apply
For more information regarding these highly collaborative and vital leadership roles, visit: https://recruit.uwo.ca. Look for reference numbers #21059, #21060 and #21061 to apply. Review of applications will begin January 7th, 2021 and the deadline for all applicants will be midnight on January 31, 2021. Applicants should include a detailed CV and five (5) references.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.