CCAeLearning Sessions 2020-2021
All CCAeLearning webinars are free to CCAE members. An unlimited number of advancement staff are welcome to participate and all sessions are applicable to a wide range of advancement professionals. Sessions run from 1 - 2 p.m. Eastern time.
Fall 2020 CCAeLearning
November 26, 2020, @1 p.m. ET: How can I help? Volunteer Management in an Alumni Relations shop
Launching, leveraging and loving volunteerism in your alumni relations department. Learn about the steps to take to ensure you develop a healthy, ethical volunteer program that your alumni, donors and community will want to be involved in and help promote. Grow your alumni engagement and connect prospects and donors to your institution.
- How to get a full volunteer management program off the ground
- Best practises in volunteer management and guidelines
- Evaluating your volunteer program's effectiveness and adjusting as necessary
Winter 2021 CCAeLearning
February 18, 2021, @1 p.m. ET: Students and Donors Benefit When Silos Disappear: How to break down barriers between the Student Financial Aid and Philanthropy functions at your institution
Kathryn Davidson, Philanthropy Director, Lakehead University
Josh Levac, Associate Registrar, Student Awards and Financial Aid, Lakehead University
Canadian post-secondary philanthropy departments play an important role in helping to fund many of the projects that their institutions undertake. One major component is the solicitation of funding from donors to help establish scholarships, bursaries and awards. In many cases the responsible departments are silos, understanding only their work, and the lack of communication can result in frustrated employees and donors. Over the past 5 years, Lakehead University has started to break down our interoffice barriers, communicate, and develop an internal methodology that can help other siloed institutions to develop synergies and create an open dialogue and understanding of processes.
- Demonstration of best practice in procedures and communication between departments
- Development of Student Financial Aid Policy
- Demonstration of benefits to students and donors when silos are broken down
March 11, 2021, @1 p.m. ET: Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation Thankathon: How to thank your donors for $300
On Valentine’s Day in 2019 & 2020, the Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation held its Thankathon - a multi-pronged donor relations initiative intended to show some love to its donors. Find out how this small shop expressed gratitude to thousands of donors in just one day... without "thasking," and on a shoestring budget.
- One approach to engaging and building a culture of gratitude among your board members, colleagues and funding recipients
- Avoiding the “Thask” - sometimes, you just need to say thank you, with no strings attached
- Get over your fear of the phone: Not everyone is allergic to receiving an old school phone calls!