Frequently Asked Questions
Winning a CCAE Prix d’Excellence is a source of pride born of the scrutiny and judgment of your advancement peers from across Canada. It’s never too early to select your best advancement work from the previous year, gather the required stats and information, and plan your entry / entries.
The Prix d’Excellence 2019 will be open for entries on January 15, 2019.
Entry Deadline is February 28, 2019 (5 p.m., EST).
To facilitate this process, CCAE has compiled a list of frequently asked questions, and answers, about the Prix d’Excellence entry and judging processes. Please review these FAQs before you start compiling your entry.
If a question arises that is not answered here, please inquire early in the process. Do not wait until the entry deadline date, when the CCAE staff and host coordinators are very busy handling entries.
For any questions, please contact the CCAE Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Prix d’Excellence FAQs
A: The CCAE Office can accept any size file sent electronically. However, we recommend that submitters compress file submissions to under 10MB. Larger files may be rejected by your school’s server and / or may require excessive time to upload. Please verify your institution’s server capacity before attempting to send files electronically.
(1) Entries are limited to 3 pages (increased from the previous 2-page maximum) NOTE: New for 2019 no appendices will be accepted for any category. Categories 22 - 30 require additional creative materials, beyond the 3-page entry form, to be used in context when judging.
(2) Each submission entered into any category must include a budget. Submissions that do not include a budget will be considered incomplete.
(3) Submissions must include an indication of return on investment (ROI). This indicates impact on the school and / or shop, regardless of size of institution or budget. Not necessarily a financial measure, ROI may include enhancement of reputation, increased attendance at events, or other types of return.
Quantifiable refers to amounts that can be measured:
(1) dollars spent or raised;
(2) number of event attendees or website click-throughs;
(3) number of media mentions, awards or recognitions resulting from an initiative.
Qualitative is an important subjective outcome such as:
(1) evidence of stronger engagement in an initiative or institution;
(2) enhanced relationships with target groups;
(3) indications of positive response in conversations, e-mails, letters or other communications.
A: None. New for 2019 hard copy materials will NOT be accepted. For categories 22-30 creative materials are required. Please submit all creative materials in PDF, jpg, or png format. For images resolution must be a minimum of 200dpi and the image must clearly show the item.
A: All judges are volunteers with some level of professional expertise in the category they are judging. They are instructed to review and consider all the factors outlined in their category criteria and requirements.
A.: Yes. It's easy and very beneficial to join CCAE. Click here for information on becoming a CCAE member.
A: Yes. Your institution can pay by cheque or online. Please ask your institution to include a copy of all confirmation e-mails with any cheque. Cheques must be received by February 28, 2019 – the submission deadline date.
A.: Yes. Choose the “pay by cheque” option, and forward a copy of your confirmation e-mail to CCAE (email@example.com) with a request for an invoice.
A.: Check your junk e-mail box. If the confirmation e-mail is not there, contact CCAE (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide the following information:
- the first and last name of the submitter;
- the e-mail address of the submitter;
- the title(s) of the submissions (e.g. Annual Report of XYZ University, etc.)
A.: Call the CCAE Office at 613-531-9213; or e-mail email@example.com
Please note, the office will not accept calls after 3 p.m. EST on February 28, 2019.
A.: ONLY categories 22-30 require additional creative materials The judges will evaluate your submission based solely on the content of your 3-page entry form, and for categories 22-30 the creative materials are only used for context in judging.
A.: Prix d’Excellence recipients, or their supervisors, will be notified by phone in early May 2019. Judging reports for all entries will be available after the National Conference. The Prix d’Excellence awards will be celebrated at the CCAE National Conference in the National Capital Region during a luncheon on June 6, 2019.